Emergency Dentistry – McKinney, TX
Dental Pain Relief Right When You Need It
If you accidentally break a tooth or suddenly develop an excruciating toothache, do you know what to do next? Instead of wasting valuable time in the emergency room, you can get dental pain relief right when you need it by calling our team at Lake Forest Dental. Our team is led by Dr. Steve Cha, who has 20 years of experience treating all types of dental emergencies and helping patients feel at ease. We offer same-day appointments for patients with emergencies, so please call us right away for emergency dentistry in McKinney, TX if your smile needs urgent care.
Why Choose Lake Forest Dental for Emergency Dentistry?
- Same-Day Emergency Dental Appointments
- Relaxing Nitrous Oxide Sedation Offered
- Insurance Accepted & In-House Dental Financing Available
How We Treat Dental Emergencies
- As soon as you get in touch with us, our team will do everything they can to make sure you’re seen on that same day, especially if you’re in severe pain. Until then, we can advise you on how to manage your symptoms.
- When you arrive at our dental office, Dr. Cha will closely examine your mouth to identify the root cause of your emergency. This process may also involve taking digital X-rays.
- Once we’ve got a clear picture of your situation, we’ll develop a treatment plan that is personally designed to relieve your discomfort and minimize the chances of the issue returning.
The Most Common Dental Emergencies
It can often be hard to tell whether a dental problem warrants emergency care or whether it can wait a while. As a rule of thumb, though, dental pain isn’t normal. If you’re experiencing an oral issue that causes discomfort or impacts your daily life, we ask that you call us just to be safe. Below, you’ll find examples of some of the dental emergencies that we see the most often.
Understanding the Cost of Dental Emergencies
Emergency dental care doesn’t come with a fixed price tag, as there are countless varieties of dental problems that could require any number of treatments. Before we go through with any procedures, our team will talk about all of the factors affecting your treatment costs. One of these factors includes your dental insurance coverage, but we also offer CareCredit financing as well as an in-house membership plan for patients without insurance.
Keys to Preventing Dental Emergencies
While it’s impossible to prevent dental emergencies with 100% certainty due to their unpredictable nature, there are several easy precautions you can take to significantly decrease your risk. These include:
- Brushing twice a day with toothpaste that contains fluoride.
- Flossing at least once a day, preferably right before bed.
- Visiting our Lake Forest Dental team every six months for a checkup and cleaning.
- Wear a protective mouthguard if you grind your teeth at night or play sports.
- Eat a generally well-balanced diet.
I Need a Checkup & Cleaning I Need a Dentist for My Child I am Concerned About Bleeding Gums I Have a Cavity or Broken Tooth I am Missing One or More Teeth I Want to Enhance My Smile I Want a Straighter Smile I am Scared of the Dentist I Need My Wisdom Teeth Removed View Our Services