Homeoblock Appliance – McKinney, TX
An Innovation in Adult Orthodontia
Many problems with oral development stem from how the teeth are positioned. However, the size, shape, and position of the upper and lower jaws are also critical. Once you reach adulthood, you might think that there is no way to adjust the positioning or size of your jaws, but that is not quite the truth. Thanks to the innovative Homeoblock Appliance in McKinney, Dr. Cha and our team can alter your maxilla (upper jaw) in a way that promotes improved dental and airway function and heightened overall health. Read on below to learn more about this remarkable device.
What Is the Homeoblock Appliance?
The Homeoblock Appliance is a removable orthodontic/orthopedic oral appliance with a unique design. It looks something like a cross between a retainer and a bite splint. Worn as instructed over time, it can actually change the size and shape of the maxilla. It does so by placing slight pressure on the bones and ligaments within your jaw. It also uses something called epigenetic signaling, which basically means that it encourages your genes to work in a way that guides proper development of your oral structures. Adults even in their 70’s have been shown to have noticeable improvements with this therapy.
What Problems Can the Homeoblock Appliance Address?
The Homeoblock Appliance is designed to address problems caused by underdevelopment of the maxilla. Such issues can include:
- An asymmetrical facial appearance
- Overcrowded teeth
- A narrow upper airway (snoring, sleep apnea)
- Poor jaw alignment, TMJ pain, popping or clicking jaw
- Improper tongue positioning
- Poor head posture, headache and neck pain
- chronic fatigue stemming from lack of restorative sleep (due to poor airway)
Benefits of the Homeoblock Appliance
Some benefits that you might experience as a result of treatment with the Homeoblock Appliance include:
- Improved breathing. If you struggle with obstructive sleep apnea, treatment may reduce or even eliminate your symptoms.
- Fewer dental problems. By improving the alignment of the jaws, you may be at a lower risk of issues like jaw pain, TMJ disorder, and similar issues.
- Improved head posture. This, in turn, may reduce headaches, neck aches, and backaches.
- Aesthetic Improvements. Many people enjoy enhanced facial symmetry as a result of treatment with the Homeoblock Appliance. As your smile widens ever so subtly, the rest of your face will adapt to the changes, which can lead to a slight reduction in wrinkles and other aesthetic benefits.
- Noninvasive treatment. In some cases, treatment with the Homeoblock Appliance can help patients avoid the need for surgery.
- More room for othodontia. If your teeth are overcrowded, the Homeoblock Appliance may be able to make more room for them, meaning that there is a lower chance that you will require extractions before getting braces.
What to Expect with Homeoblock Appliance Treatment
After a consultation with our team, Dr. Cha will design your treatment plan. You should wear the appliance as instructed — typically only at night — and visit us for periodic checkups. Most patients see results within 4 – 6 months or so, but some individuals must continue treatment for up to 18 months in order to experience optimum bone growth.
The Homeoblock Appliance is a remarkable innovation in the world of adult orthodontia. To learn more about it or to schedule a consultation, get in touch with Lake Forest Dental of McKinney today!
I Need a Checkup & Cleaning I Need a Dentist for My Child I am Concerned About Bleeding Gums I Have a Cavity or Broken Tooth I am Missing One or More Teeth I Want to Enhance My Smile I Want a Straighter Smile I am Scared of the Dentist I am in Pain & Need Help I Need My Wisdom Teeth Removed View Our Services